This is one of the most commonly asked questions among our group travelers, what do I wear in Europe? Travelers are afraid of sticking out in a crowd or being inappropriately dressed and I am here to help!
Please keep in mind, this applies to our group travel programs and applies to European travel.
- Can I wear jeans? Yes, you can wear jeans. While many Europeans do not wear jeans as frequently as we do here in the US, you are free to wear your jeans.
- Should I dress up for dinner? You may want to dress up a little for dinner, but for the included meals on our tours, unless otherwise noted, dress clothes are not required. If you decide to dine in an upscale restaurant, attend an opera or performance, or visit a casino, I would suggest more dressy evening attire.
- What type of bag should I carry? Remember, don’t pack your day touring bag too heavy, you may be carrying it for a long period of time! I suggest a soft, small bag with only the necessary items for what you will need for touring. Cross body bags are great for keeping your items secure.
- What type of shoes can I bring? On many of our tours there is a good amount of walking and sometimes that walking will be on an un-even surface such as cobblestone. I recommend well-broken in shoes that you are comfortable wearing.
- What about a raincoat or umbrella? There are lots of wonderful small umbrellas and raincoats that can be carried in a small pouch in your daytime touring bag, we recommend checking into these options.
- How about shorts? Yes, shorts are acceptable. However, please be mindful of the length.
- What about logos? Please do not wear anything that could be deemed offensive. You may consider leaving anything with a logo or patriotic symbols at home if you don’t want to stand out.
- What about my hair? Almost all hotels in Europe will offer a hairdryer in your room. It’s a good idea to check out their website before you leave just to be sure.
- What type of luggage should I get? Almost all luggage now is adapting to the airline requirements of being 64 linear inches. You will want to double check your luggage if you’ve purchased it over 10 years ago. If you’re looking for new luggage, look for something light weight and with wheels.
- Can I wear my jewelry? Yes, but I recommend leaving any valuables that you do not plan on wearing daily at home.
Thank you for reading, give us a comment and let us know what you’d like us to talk about next!