If you’re like many people, you’re interested in travel. We understand the value of your dollar and want you to feel comfortable with the value and service you receive from InterTrav. Many people ask, what can I expect from your company? How does the process work? How is this different than making my own arrangements?
Because our Europe Group tours are our most popular, let’s go through the process as an example:
- We work with group tour leaders to design a custom tailored vacation with a full color brochure. If you are interested in traveling but don’t belong with a group, no problem! We are happy to have you join one of our existing group tours.
If you’re a group leader interested in starting a group, we can help you create a great itinerary, an appealing brochure, and assist with advertising.
- Make your reservation. At this time most of our group tours are accepting reservations by filing out the reservation application from our tour brochure and mailing it in with a deposit check. This is also the time to purchase travel insurance if you would like to do so. Some groups decide to include it in the tour price, so double check your brochure to be sure.
- Once your reservation is received, we will send you a reservation acknowledgment letter. From there, the next correspondence you will receive from us is your group tour invoice. We generally send them out approximately 30 days prior to the due date. At this time, tour payments are accepted by check or money order. We are able to accept credit cards but do charge a 4% surcharge on the balance due.
- Tour documents. Your group tour leader may elect to have a tour party, if this is the case, a letter detailing the party location, date, and time will be sent to you. If you cannot attend the party, your documents will be mailed to you. If your group tour leader does not want to have a tour party, your tour documents will be mailed to you approximately 2-3 weeks prior to departure. In your packet will be luggage tags, name badges, a final itinerary, airline tickets, a tour membership list, and general information regarding your tour such as what to pack, airline policies, weather, currency conversion, etc.
- Get to the airport, some group tours include transportation to the airport, others don’t. Consult your tour brochure for more information.
- Leave the US and fly to your destination. We will try our hardest to accommodate any special seating requests and will also try to keep spouses and travel partners together.
- After you have cleared customs and have your luggage you will meet your professional group Tour Escort who will travel with you throughout your vacation and you will board your waiting motor coach. Mainly our groups travel on deluxe private motor coaches with bathrooms, speakers, and air conditioning.
- Start your tour vacation. You will have guided sightseeing, applicable entrance fees, luggage handling at your hotels, breakfast each day and depending on your itinerary some included lunches and dinners. Hotel accommodations are in deluxe hotels always with private bath or shower.
- Your group Tour Escort is there to assist you with any questions you have, he or she will make sure everyone is checked in and out of the hotels, help with anything that may come up while traveling, and can also help with language barriers, money exchange, VAT refunds, and guiding. They are such a valuable resource for our travelers.
- When it’s time to come home, your motor coach will take you back to the airport and after assisting you with check-in you will say goodbye to your group Tour Escort.
- Arrive home – your group tour may have included transportation back home for you. Refer to your tour brochure for information regarding your tour.
- Have any post trip questions? Have an insurance claim? We’re here to help!
How is InterTrav different?
There is nothing more frustrating than automated call centers. When you call InterTrav during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Central Time) Monday – Friday, you will have a live person answer and can help you with any questions you may have. When you are in travel status, your Tour Escort will be able to contact someone from our office after hours in case a problem should arise.
If you do happen to have an unforseen problem while traveling such as a flight cancellation, illness, etc. we will be here to help you.
If your group tour leader requests, we will attend tour parties, see the group off at the airport, and meet you when you return home.
How is this different than making your own arrangements?
With us, all you need to do is pack your bags, we take care of the rest! With over 45 years of travel experience, InterTrav carefully plans each detail for you resulting in more relaxing and enjoyable vacation experience.
With discounts on airfare, hotels, and the value we are able to negotiate for you, you are able to save a considerable amount of money with group travel.
Group travel is such a great way to meet new friends and share unforgettable experiences.