Iceland is truly a magical place with volcanoes, glaciers, and awe-inspiring fjords. It’s relatively small population ensures that the beauty and natural wonders of Iceland remain basically untouched. It’s no wonder why photographers from around the world flock to Iceland to capture the spectacular moments that only nature can offer.
In case you STILL need more reasons to visit Iceland here are our top 10 reasons to visit Iceland:
- Convenient and shorter flights from the USA. Icelandair now flies from Anchorage, Denver, New York, Boston, Newark, Seattle, Minneapolis, Washington, D.C., and Orlando. The flight time from New York to Reykjavik is only 5 hours, 45 minutes. That’s nearly the same amount of time it would take to fly from New York to Los Angeles.
- The weather being cold is just a myth. In the winter it’s actually warmer in Iceland than in New York, most of the time! In the summer, it doesn’t get very hot and you’d be comfortable in just a light sweater.
- Geothermal pools allow for a nice, warm, and relaxing soak any time of the year. Because of the volcanic activity, they are pretty easy to find!
- Reykjavik is a great and convenient capital city. It’s not huge, easy to navigate, and the locals are very friendly!
- Reykjavik also offers some pretty interesting hotel spots with great restaurants and nightlife
- The Northern Lights – Amazing and truly spectacular, it’s something everyone should see in their lifetime.
- Glaciers, Volcanoes, and Waterfalls — oh my!
- The Icelandic horse runs wild and you can easily see them while touring.
- Iceland is very safe.
- Iceland has a very unique history with some great museums detailing the “sagas” of its past.
These Top 10 Reasons to Visit Iceland are just a handful of the many wonderful things Iceland has to offer.